“We can get somebody super fit and prepared for their sport, but if their mindset isn’t there, we won’t get that far.”
– Matt Pendola
Podcast Episode Available On:
Matt Pendola is a former nationally ranked distance runner and the owner of Pendola Training in Reno, NV. His clients range from youth to collegiate athletes in various sports.
This conversation sheds light on how Matt prepares athletes to be their best through physical and mental training. He understands and commits to teaching others how much a strong mindset contributes to the long-term success of an athlete. His gym makes a commitment to educating performers on how their mind plays into their performance by using a daily “education station” to teach how mindset can increase performance.
Matt tackles topics related to athletic performance including grit, confidence, and attitude. Although the theme of this conversation focuses on sports, there are actionables related to high-performance that can be applied to all areas of life.
Mentioned In The Episode:
- The Paleo Solution with Robb Wolf- Website
- John Wooden’s Pyramid of Success
- MindSet: The New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why Matt believes mindset is a key component to success in athletics
- How grit and confidence play a role in athletic development
- Why Matt includes a 15-minute “education station” on mindset each day in his facility
- John Wooden’s pyramid of success and how it’s applied at Pendola Training