“True success is doing the best you can with what you’ve got.”
Tyler Clary won an Olympic gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics in the 200m backstroke. After a 20 year career in swimming ended in 2016, he wasted no time in pursuing his next goal: to become a professional racecar driver.
In this episode, you’ll hear the story of how he won a gold medal, the perspectives and beliefs Tyler holds about success and failure, and what led him to his new goal of driving professionally.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Tyler’s story and what led him to win a gold medal.
- The training regimen and preparation of an Olympic gold medalist.
- The adversities and challenges that Olympic athletes go through in reaching their goals.
- Tyler’s definitions of success and failure.
- How doing the best with what you have defines success more than simply “winning”
- How sustainability plays into reaching large goals.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Olympic Gold Medal race at the 2012 London Olympics- HERE.
Tyler Clary is a walking example of what’s possible when you pursue your dreams.
Do you want to follow Tyler’s pursuit into professional racing? Here’s where to find him: