Each month, I post a detailed review of the progress I have made in that particular month towards my 2016 goals.
For a quick recap and easy navigation of my May 2016 Goals Report, see the Wins/Losses/Fixes “cheat sheet” below. The italicized letter/number code next to each item is the 2016 goal that this action is most closely aligned to. (example: (ob5) = Goal #5 in the “Online Business” section of my goals)
- Confined To A Cave turned 1 year old, resulting in an increase in exposure and sales. (ob5)
- 3/4 of the way the first phase of my new training program, MASS. (ob 1-6)
- Celebrated my first playoff victory as a head coach. (L1)
- Finished the last full month of a crazy school year. I’m now unemployed for the first time since I graduated college! (L1)
- Built a comprehensive content-schedule for June 2016 (to prevent my BIGGEST losses of May from happening again).
- Lost 3lbs of body-weight. (p10)
- Only launched 2 of 4 scheduled podcasts. (ob5)
- Published less than 33% of the content I had planned going into the month of May. (ob1-6)
- Did not complete any of my “Big 3” Goals for the month.
Fixes For Next Month:
- Building a comprehensive content schedule and content planning time into my schedule. I am setting myself up for the month of June to be the last where I don’t go into the month without all my content already created.
- Balancing time between product creation, leveraging different platforms, and content creation by focusing solely on 2 methods- blog and podcast.
- Continuing my “Eat That Frog” experiment with my cold emails in the mornings.
Verdict on Last Month’s “Big 3” Goals:
- 208 out of 400 cold e-mails for the month of May.
- In the final stages, but have not finished the Goal Sabbatical Coaching product.
- The graphic designer is hired for my new podcast artwork. 2 interviews out of 10 have been scheduled.
My “Big 3” Goals For Next Month:
- Cold e-mail 400 people during the month of May (an average of about 13 people per day)
- Release Goal Sabbatical coaching program.
- 100% completion on my content schedule for the month of June.
OVERALL RATING FOR May 2016: 6
Here’s a fun one. I intend to be a sports coach for my entire life- in fact, part of my initial motivation to become an entrepreneur was to ensure that I’d always be financially stable enough (and have enough free time) to make this a reality.
Well, during the month of May, I notched my first career playoff win as a head coach. Though I don’t view middle school girl’s soccer as my “end point”, it’s a stepping stone in the direction I’m headed. One day, I will be a head soccer or lacrosse coach. My goal is to win a state championship at the varsity level.
First playoff win in my pocket. On to the next one.
Thanks for checking out my May 2016 Goals Report! If there is anything I can do to help you reach your goals, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org