Discover what you need to do to be successful.
Enter your e-mail address for a FREE 30-minute call with Coach K to discover what's holding you back from becoming 'that' person who always seems to find success AND receive a step-by-step guide you can follow to reach your fitness, business and relationship goals.
Each month, I post a detailed review of the progress I have made in that particular month towards my 2016 goals. This post is intended to provide some insight on what I do to achieve my personal goals, and is in no way intended to boast or brag. My hope is that you will be inspired to take action towards your own goals by reading these reports.
- The Coach K Show surpassing 2,514 downloads in 59 days.
- 1,415 downloads during the month of September- 133% percent growth from month 1 to 2!
- Becoming a certified Master Practitioner of NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming).
- Checking off 2 goals for 2016:
- Running a mile in 5:57. (Spoiler alert: I puked)
- Releasing 30 total podcast episodes in 2016.
- Lack of productivity in the final week of September (this was pervasive for the entire week and really impacted a lot of my overall month’s performance)
Fixes For Next Month:
- Honing in on my list of business and growth goals before November 30 (travel departure)
Verdict on Last Month’s “Big 3” Goals:
Get 10 people to commit to the beta version of Goal Sabbatical and complete the building of the program.(I ended up with 20 in the program and they are currently working through it. Are you ready to Change How You Achieve?)
- Complete the achievement trifecta for the podcast.
- Weigh 202.5lbs or less. (Came in at 208, nearly the same as last month)
My “Big 3” Goals by October 31, 2016:
- Coaching Goals for the month:
- Podcast goals for the month
- Schedule and record 10 new podcast interviews.
- Surpass 4,500 downloads of The Coach K Show.
- 25 or more 5 star ratings on the show.
- Launch The Coach K Show on YouTube and air 2 episodes.
OVERALL RATING FOR July 2016: 8/10
Physical goals include measurements of fitness, body composition, and various physical performances.
By December 31, 2016….
1.I will achieve a raw powerlifting total (bench/squat/deadlift) of 1300 or more.
No footage, but I hit a lifetime PR on my bench press at the end of September with a 225×5 routine set. I may have hit this before, but it was never as smooth as this was. I attribute this to the thousands of bench presses I did during MASS.
3. I will do a set of 20 or more strict pull-ups.
During the month of September, I was able to hit a set of 16 twice. I’ve been hitting more chin-ladders at the end of my workouts, so this should be feasible if I stick with that.
As I’ve already said, if push comes to shove, I can always go hyper-speed and program pull-up ladders to get there.
4. I will run a mile in under 6 minutes. DONE 9/28/2016
Going to be honest, I didn’t think I was going to get this one. I haven’t run more than 400m at a given time more than once or twice in 2016, but somehow I managed to squeak in just under 6 minutes.
Mile time: 5:57!
In previous months, I’ve explained how this is totally classified a “I’ve still got it” goal. There’s no logical reason for me to set a goal like this, but I usually err on the side of too ambitious.
5. I will complete a set of 4 unbroken muscle-ups
6. I will complete a set of 10 unbroken strict handstand push-ups.
I’ll mess around with these in October. I hit a set of 7 of these just goofing off a few days ago, so I’m close.
7. I will have achieved a body fat percentage of 10% or less and weigh between 190-200lbs.
I’ll need to do some things differently during the next 2 months if I am to hit this one. I lose weight very easily when I do fasted walks, so that might be something to consider this month.
8. Run at least 3 “Action Experiments” that cause me to adjust current habits that contribute to my physical health.
Here is Action Experiment #2: How I Lost 16.5lbs In 16 Weeks (and Got Stronger) w/ the MASS Protocol.
I have already put Action Experiment #3 into play. Stay tuned for a fun one.
- I will have traveled to at least 5 new places- countries, states, areas of the world- that I’ve never been to.
This past week was… weird. 😶Maybe you’re like me- when I’m planning my next adventure or engulfed in the chaos that ensues once I begin an endeavor, everything is roses… but that white space in between sometimes leads me to anxiety and causes me to doubt what I’m doing. Compound that with the fact that I suck at taking “real” time off, and you have a recipe for disaster (and a lack of productivity). 🙄 — Shoutout to my soul sistah @mobilitymatters for coming up my way for a 9 mile hike in #RedFeatherLakes #colorado. I’m not a fan of meditation per se, but getting lost (literally) in the woods with good friends and solid conversations is about as close as you can get without sitting criss-cross applesauce in silence to feeling some inner peace ✌️️ — 8 weeks until Europe. Game face 😱how’s that look? #goals #lifegoals #wanderlust #travel #friends #benkissam #thecoachkshow #productivity #recharge #reset #mountains #colorado #reachyourgoals #achieve #aspens #nlp #nlppractitioner #coachk #coach #vibes #progress #grind
Current place of residency: Fort Collins, CO. I am here until November 7, before I drive to Boston and then fly overseas.
- Fort Myers, FL
- San Francisco, CA
- Aspen/Glenwood Springs, CO
2. I will have read 10 personal development books.
I finished two books during the month of September: #AskGaryVee, a business book, and Meditations (translated) by Marcus Aurelius.
One of my goals while I’m on Goal Sabbatical is to read 50 books, and not only self-help or personal development reads. That’s obviously a lot, but I have the time to do it, so I’m shooting for the stars. I have 4 more books to go for 2016 to reach this goal.
I highly recommend both of these books as well. Gary’s insights to building a business are authentic and interesting. Meditations is a book everyone should read. Stoic philosophy is something I’ve been wanting to get into for some time, and it didn’t disappoint.
Note: if you click the link and purchase the book, I will receive a small affiliate commission. The price would be the same as if you searched it yourself. If you do choose to purchase through this link, thanks so much!
3. I will have volunteered at least 3 times in various capacities.
Other than helping a few friends move, I have not done much volunteering this year.
Outside of my actual business, my financial goals measure my savings, planned purchases, and financial investments.
- I will save up enough money to backpack Europe and travel various parts of the world in the fall of 2016/winter of 2017.
I’m hovering right around $5,500 for my travels.
I’m getting close to the goal of $6,500 I’d like to leave for Europe with.
2. I will have followed my wealth strategy plan (details to come in a later post) with 100% commitment.
I’m 100% as of late. Nothing to report here.
3. I will invest 10% of my 2016 income into an IRA fund.
Nothing to report here.
None to report this month. Can someone buy me this book that I found at the library?
Thanks for reading my September 2016 Goals Report. I publish these reports as a way to inspire others and show people what it takes to reach real world outcomes. If I can ever add value to your life by helping you reach your goals, you can reach me directly at email@example.com.
Until next month!
– Coach K, Out.
Achieve your goals faster.
Maximize EVERY episode of The Coach K Show with perspective cheatsheets, episode actionables, and access to The Coach K Show Facebook group.