🎧EP31: On Empathy and the 80/20 Principle w/ Kyle Dobbs
“A lot of clients think they know what I want to hear, but my perception of their goal is different than theirs.”
Kyle Dobbs is a personal trainer in New York City that has logged over 25,000 hours in 1:1 training sessions with general population clients. He has made it a mission to offer people a fresh perspective on what it takes for a person to successfully turn fitness and health into a lifestyle.
Topics discussed in this episode include the 80/20 principle, empathizing with clients and other people, properly segmenting an hour-long training session, and building a relationship with clients.
This episode features a myriad of useful tips, insights, and perspectives that will help you reach your fitness goals or inspire others to do the same.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Ideas and tools that Kyle has learned after 25,000+ hours of 1-on-1 personal training sessions.
- How and why many people struggle to continue going to the gym after they start
- Tips for implementing change, creating routine, and getting results in the gym
- How empathy plays an important role in leadership, coaching, and reaching goals
- Tips you can use if you’ve personally struggled to stay consistent with the gym
- What the 80/20 rule is, and how implementing the protocol can help keep you consistent