🎧EP7: Winning An Olympic Gold Medal and New Sports w/ Tyler Clary
“True success is doing the best you can with what you’ve got.”
Tyler Clary won an Olympic gold medal at the 2012 London Olympics in the 200m backstroke. After a 20 year career in swimming ended in 2016, he wasted no time in pursuing his next goal: to become a professional racecar driver.
In this episode, you’ll hear the story of how he won a gold medal, the perspectives and beliefs Tyler holds about success and failure, and what led him to his new goal of driving professionally. Listen to his unique psychological framework on how he believes it’s possible to accomplish a task and the patterns of success that exist in all pursuits.
What does true success mean to you? How might you define success in your life? Ponder that as you listen to insights from an athlete that has reached the pinnacle of achievements in his sport.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Tyler’s story and what led him to win a gold medal.
- The training regimen and preparation of an Olympic gold medalist.
- The adversities and challenges that Olympic athletes go through in reaching their goals.
- Tyler’s definitions of success and failure.
- How doing the best with what you have defines success more than simply “winning”
- Why the worst car on the track can’t physically expect to win. Tyler explains how that car can still succeed.
- How sustainability plays into reaching large goals.
Mentioned In This Episode:
- Olympic Gold Medal race at the 2012 London Olympics- HERE.
You Might Also Like:
Tyler Clary is a walking example of what’s possible when you pursue your dreams.
Do you want to follow Tyler’s pursuit into professional racing? Here’s where to find him:
Never miss an article & get free stuff.
Join 2,414+ people and subscribe to my newsletter. You'll get 1-2 emails/month with my latest articles, exclusive deals & freebies.